The Port of New Orleans (Port NOLA) recognizes its seventh annual Maritime Month May 1-31 and National Maritime Day on May 22 to pay tribute to the region’s rich maritime history and to honor the hardworking men and women of the local maritime workforce.
The 2023 campaign kicked off when the Board of Commissioners of Port NOLA approved a resolution officially declaring May 2023 as Maritime Month.
Events are scheduled throughout the month and include:
- May 7-13: National Travel & Tourism Week Social Media Spotlights
- May 14-20: Harbor Police Appreciation/National Police Week; Global Maritime Ministries “Thank an Officer”
- May 17: Port NOLA Employee Health & Wellness Fair
- May 22: Maritime Day Coverage WWLTV Morning News from Fireboat Gen. Kelley
- May 22-24: Global Maritime Ministries Port Employee Appreciation (Popsicles, Popcorn and Pop)
- May 26: Public Boat tour(s)
- Port NOLA Trivia Contest